The Vice President of Social Media has the primary responsibility of increasing the reach, engagement, and revenue of all social channels owned and managed by DailyWire+. They will build effective content strategies that identify and engage the audience, sets clear objectives, get results and boost conversions.
This role will lead all aspects of social media content for DailyWire+ talent, brands, shows, and movies for all 95+ million followers across all those platforms.
This position will report to the CMO of Bentkey Ventures. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, an “out-of-the-box” thinker, adept in the Digital/Social space, who keeps current on cultural trends and is familiar with the DailyWire+ voice and audience, is well-organized, analytical, meticulous, detailed with strong communication, writing and presentation skills, and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Write, plan, implement and monitor social media marketing/platform strategies and campaigns to achieve department goals (views, engagement, impressions, sales).
- Oversee content development, distribution, and community management across all major social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Snapchat.
- Track, analyze and report performance, identifying and implementing recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with the Ad Sales team to develop sponsored content opportunities and treatments in support of overall brand deals.
- Develop and coordinate production process, ensuring team accurately handles concept development - including managing budget, timeline, restrictions, talent/influencer selection and various partner inputs (legal, talent, PR, etc.).
- Oversee and lead the social content calendar that incorporates overall social media strategy.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media standard methodologies, trends and technologies, including developments in designs, applications, platforms, strategy and innovation.
- Bring a unique, creative vision, strong editorial voice, and deep passion for social media and identifying new sources of content/talent as well as new formats for storytelling.
- Strong collaborator and able to lead, handle and train the team as needed.
- Operate in an urgent, timely and agile manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel required.
- 8+ years of crafting/producing/editing social content and developing strategy at a media publisher and 5+ years of field production.
- Undergraduate degree in Media/Film/TV, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Canva or other tools.
- Experience with analytic tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout, Hootsuite, Google Analytics etc.
- Experience producing live-streams for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- A successful history in the digital and social media landscape, including crafting content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and other platforms, including branded and sponsored content.
- Familiar with storyboarding, episode overviews, shot lists, interview questions, physical production, ideating, crafting a narrative, capturing the moments, and producing compelling content.
- Experience working with Sales and Platform partners.
- Experience developing creative concepts into long form and short form series and specials.
- Experience creating behind the scenes' content on Film & TV sets, interviewing actors and celebrity talent.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full Time; Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Daily Wire, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire Facebook
Daily Wire YouTube
Daily Wire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Daily Wire participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
CALIFORNIA APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE